Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have drawn the wiring digram for my system ( the way we did it), now the first link is to the picture where the setup worked fine, click below to see it: http://www.geocities.com/nwbbody/wiring_without_wot_switch.jpg
(for some reason you have to copy and paste the link and it works, if you click on it it won't work)

now that I have a WOT switch ( ATPSS, it's a WOT switch that senses the position of the TPS and then sends out the signal ).
this is the way my friend ( the one that helped me install the NOS system) said we should do it:
http://www.geocities.com/nwbbody/wiring_with_wot_switch.jpg
(for some reason you have to copy and paste the link and it works, if you click on it it won't work)

BUT BUT BUT:
the instructions for the WOT switch says that "the ATPSS is designed to provide up to a maximum of ½ amp of current, if this is not enough for your application, the ATPSS may be used to drive a standard automotive relay".

after you click on the second link you'll see what I mean. I don't know how to do this.

PLEASE HELP as fast as you can, it's now 4AM PST Monday May 7th and we're gonna tackle this at Noon or so.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
copy and paste the links please, I just tried clicking on them and it doesn't work, you have to close the new window that opened as a result of you clicking on the link and then manually copy and paste it into a "new" browser window.

or maybe it's just not working for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey V8killer,

Connect one end of the WOT switch to your arming switch's positive output, and the other end to one side of the relay coil. Connect the other side of the relay coil to the grounding output of the Mallory rpm switch.

You just need one single pole single throw relay to accomplish this.

You can look at the N2O wiring schematic on my website, but it will probably confuse you even more

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks george,
hey, one more thing.

how long should it take for the electric bottle warmer to bring up the pressure on a full bottle from 600 PSI to 1000?

I've had mine on "with the bottle open" ( I don't know if it has to be closed for it to warm up) for 2 hourse and didn't notice a change.

but the other day while the car was parked outside instead of the garage I opened the bottle and it read 900 ( warm outside), so I know the gauge is working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.