Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - The rockers inthe pics balow came on the LT1 that I bought for the 240Z. I have a set of Pro-Mags and I will not be needing these and will be selling htem. I need some help to identify them to see what they are worth.

Based on what the seller said, they are a 1.6 ratio. Due to the Chevy emblem, I was thinking that they may be GMPP items, but I did not find them on the website.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Those are the GMPP rockers. Made by Crane to GM's specs. However, I don't think mine had the '41 96' on them - might be original LT4 rockers? (and if so, weren't they metric?)

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are the GMPP rockers. Made by Crane to GM's specs. However, I don't think mine had the '41 96' on them - might be original LT4 rockers? (and if so, weren't they metric?)
Not sure how the original LT4's were set up. I am sure we will get a few more comments.

I am debating on whether or not I should just run these and sell the Pro-Mags, but everybody says the Comps are the way to go. I am just moving some stuff to rebuild the PayPal account for 240Z stuff. Need the $ for the rear disc brake conversion... :D

Thanks!
Tim

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
......might be original LT4 rockers? (and if so, weren't they metric?)
If original LT4 rockers, then they'd be 1.6 ratio for 10mm studs.

KW

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
.....Now - Whether to use these or the Comps??? Hmmmmmm.....
Which Comp Cams rollers are you looking at?

If you're looking at the Pro-Magnums, then it's a no-brainer in my opinion.......I'd be using the Comp Pro-Mags and selling the GMPPs!!!

KW

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

If you're looking at the Pro-Magnums, then it's a no-brainer in my opinion.......I'd be using the Comp Pro-Mags and selling the GMPPs!!!

KW
Yep - they are 1.6 Pro-Mags... Brand new on the shelf in my garage... :D

·
Registered
2,667 Posts

KW
Ditto....the Pro-Mags are top notch. It's what I had on my stroker. Loved them.

When I upgrade again, they will go back on.

Mav

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
What about ULTRA ProMagnum Roller Rockers?
They are the replacement for the Pro-Magnums.

I have no direct experience with these (haven't even seen a set) but if they're lighter weight and stronger than the Pro-Mags......then they would really be a top-notch product!

KW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts