·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to install impala ss steering wheel

·
Super Moderator
6,000 Posts
Two screws on the back, one clip for the air bag, one horn contact, remove nut, use wheel puller to pop off wheel, push new wheel on aligning marks, reverse directions.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The screws that hold the airbag on are either T25 or T35 torx, forget which off the top of my head. The steering wheel lock bolt is 21mm. And for the puller it uses 5/16" coarse threaded bolts which I recommend replacing the stock bolts that come with the puller with 3" long grade 8 flange bolts as they will not stretch like the bolts that come with the puller(and yes I have had them stretch and break while pulling steering wheels and harmonic balancers). - Peter

·
Registered
405 Posts
MAKE DAMN SURE YOU UNHOOK THE BATTERY OR BOOM!!

I'm sure you new that, but I almost forgot once.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Unhooking the battery will not necessarily help as the air bag control box contains a reserve power source in case the vehicle power is disrupted. Its better to unhook the air bag electrical connector under the dash as that way it disconnects the airbag from the system. Though TBH I have removed airbags without disconnecting it. Just don't go probing the airbag wires as it does not take much power to set an airbag off. - Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts