Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 Chevy Caprice( box)

I know im going with 22 inch rims

I am either gonna do 22 inch 100 spokes or a wheel with like 5-8 nice size spokes on it so i can chop out here.

Do 100 spokes shine the same as a other rims because i see people with spokes and they arent shining like i want them to shine. What do u guys think would be the better choice for my box.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also i am thinking bout installling a 4 inch lift kit to cut back on rub

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't need a 4" lift and dont get spokes.

Get a 5-8 spoke clean looking wheel and maybe air shocks in the back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK

#1, I will come out there and beat the shyt outta you, take your car, fondle your girlfriend and piss in your closet if you put a lift on that box. It aint necessary and it'll look Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay sweeter without it. I don't hate on lifts, but the box has too short of a body for that, and withh the double dueces, it'll look clownish.

#2 It's not that spokes dont shine, it's just the way they are made. most spokes are cheap, Asian mad garbage that rusts on the nipples at the bottom. They are problematic becuz alot of times the hun surounding the nipple gets loose and lets air out. So if you buy asian made ebay spokes. 9.5 times outta 10 they are gonna rust and eventually loose their shine

#3 I say if you gonna roll with spokes (which look soooo vicious on boxes) go with a top quality brand. Dayton is top of the line, put you are gonna put up some seeeeeeeerious duckets for them. However they wont bend as easily, they won't leak air and the wont rust on you. you don't wanna have to 10w-40 your rims down every 48 hours. Plus with brake dust and how hard spokes are to clean. Fuk dat.

#4 Dayton aint the only way to go, just might be the best

# 5 Read # 1 again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Impholla:
dont get spokes.

Get a 5-8 spoke clean looking wheel and maybe air shocks in the back.
Naw son, some spokes would look wet on that whip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I beg to differ. On a box 22' wires do rub. I've installed a ton of them. You can avoid rubbing buy running the 255/30R22's and that would look ok, but otherwise you'll have to lift it a little. BUT NOT 4 INCHES!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
F**K the lift, whatever rubs, cut it off. You don't need it, trust me. I have a pile in my garage of car parts that were on the car that I took off. Haven't needed them yet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Listen! Its a BOX not a BUBBLE! Old body style! Boxes don't have as much room underneath. With very carefull backspacing and brand new springs you might get a 265/35 to clear, but not likely.

That body style^^^

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not worth the hastle then. I say fuk it, get a 35 series tire, some new shocks and get a .5 inch lift. Firewood, wouldn't that be enough to clear the wheel well without it being jacked up in the air.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you'd need about an inch. Air shocks and springs spacers would get it there, but
i recommend taller springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you go wires...go with Zeniths...they are BIG BIG money but for safety sake on that big of a car, you can't beat em...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh man, reminds me. I saw about a 4" lifted SS runing stock 17's with stockish rubber(no bigger). looked GOOFY!! It Looked sooo stupid, it looked like he was ready to go "ehff raoohdin". the gap was compareable to a 95 F-150 we have, with a lift and 28" tires. With that being said about a bubble, I see lifted "boxes" of all gm makes all the time rolling 20+. Never seen so many crappy rides thinking they were hot with no paint and rims. Some have the complete package with the bass that hurts your ears 10 yards away, and they are normally pretty nice looking cars. But they are never exesively lifted when they are a complete package. Most of the time the rims are tucked, which makes them look loads better. I just don't get the apeal of having remote control type wheels with 6" of gap. I must be getting old. :rolleyes: I wouldn't go exessive lift, just enough to keep from rubbing and hitting the fenders on bumps, then your in business.

<19yrs old

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cuz we all kno, there is a huge diffence betwwen the 20" look and the 22" look.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Loonatyk, a.k.a Da Roadmasta Masha:
A MAN DONT U THINK ITS TOO MANY PEOPLE RIDING SPOKES IN THE DC AREA IM THINKIN OF GETTIN 5 -8 SPOKE RIM HOW U FEEL ABOUT EVERYONE RIDING SPOKES WOULD I BE JUST ANOTHER HOP ON

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have seen spokes about 3 times in all my year here. All 3 where on Crow Vics includin some spinning spokes on a aqua blue Vic. Hop on? I think not. Some clean 5 or 8's would look good too tho.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Loonatyk, a.k.a Da Roadmasta Masha:
Not if you lower or bag the car IMO. I'd rather lower a car than high ride but I'm from the west. You guys from the east like that look, not my style.

If your going to tuck 22 you've got my attention.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by capriceutah:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Loonatyk, a.k.a Da Roadmasta Masha:
Not if you lower or bag the car IMO. I'd rather lower a car than high ride but I'm from the west. You guys from the east like that look, not my style.

If your going to tuck 22 you've got my attention.
</font>[/QUOTE]I KNOW NOTHING BOUT LOWERING OR AIRBAGGING CAUSE IM FROM THE EAST COAST LOL HOW MUCH DOES IT NORMALLY COST?? LIKE THE CHEAPEST BAGS I CAN GET??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.