Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a clunk while driving, I inspected my front sway bar and discovered it was no longer bolted to the bottom control arm. There is a metal "bushing" that goes through control arm that is missing. Is that part a stock part or is that unique to the HA bar. Where could I get one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That is the tierod endlink setup that the HA bar uses. And no, it isn't a stock part :(.

You're probably in "Good Luck" territory on getting Matt Adams to help you too :(

If it were me, I'd call up Malibu Performance today (their number should come up on a forum search) and have them ship out one of their front bars with hardware. Not cheap, but it'll (permanently) solve the problem while giving very similar performance to what you have now....without the "custom" parts like HA used.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After replacing the front springs with the Global West springs, I have ordered a BMR f-body bar but it won't be in for a couple of weeks, so I am stuck with the HA bar until then. Bill, if there is any way I can talk you out of that bushing, it sure would make my life easier. Otherwise, I'll figure out something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.