Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Impala
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on here all day working on my build sheet on my bone stock 96 SS . Ijust brought the CIA tri-ys. But now im stuck because i want to run the CC503 with the 1.6 rr my heads are stock iron but getting ported/polished 2.0/1.6 with the 918 springs. Its alot More, but the problem is i cannot find anywhere on this website to show me in the direction of some non Lsx lifters for lt1 . As It would behove of me to get better lifters if they exist for my 130,000 stock engine

·
Registered
96 Impala
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been on here all day working on my build sheet on my bone stock 96 SS . Ijust brought the CIA tri-ys. But now im stuck because i want to run the CC503 with the 1.6 rr my heads are stock iron but getting ported/polished 2.0/1.6 with the 918 springs. Its alot More, but the problem is i cannot find anywhere on this website to show me in the direction of some non Lsx lifters for lt1 . As It would behove of me to get better lifters if they exist for my 130,000 stock engine

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,830 Posts
LSX lifters = LT1 lifters

LS7 lifters are a common choice, but lots of guys have reported failures.

Someone else will chime in with good aftermarket recommendations.

But, uh, what's up with the 918 springs?

·
Registered
1996 Impala SS
404 Posts
LS7 lifters are just Delphi repros now hence the failures. I have a set myself that have been running fine for 15,000 miles. I would look into perhaps a set of Johnsons.
GM released a new P/N for the performance lifters but I haven't heard anything about them yet.

·
Premium Member
8,673 Posts
Howards? Crower?

·
Registered
96 caprice
44 Posts
OP, I have been using Morel 6504 Lifters, LS Drop In, No Tie Bar, Hydraulic with no problems so far but was curious at what point should someone switch to link bar set up on a street car?

·
Registered
96 caprice
44 Posts
Thanks for the reply shakenfake. I understand that part and if I was building an engine for the track I would definitely invest in the link bar set up, I guess my question should have been when at what rpm range should I be investing in somthing like the link bar set up. I personally have never met anyone that had a ls7 lifter be the absolute cause of engine failure but the stories on the internet definitely make you think twice before buying them.

·
Registered
1996 Impala SS
404 Posts
Probably around 7 or 8k RPM.
Honestly my next engine most likely will get link bars no matter what RPM I'm spinning.

I'm with you bud I don't know anyone personally with that. Then again I am the only person I know with any engine mods on their car at all. It's depressing

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Cc503 ? That much lobe lift you would probably be fine with an old piece of stick or a carrot stuffed in the lifter bore !

While people have had tracking problems with the LS type plastic trays , has anyone here had issues with the LT metal dog bone ?

LS7 in 2022 is the stock lifter
CTSVR in 2022 is the GMPP

Sure there are high end alternatives but does a baby cam like that Comp warrent them ?

CC302 + 1.6 rocker what are you over the nose ,, like 310 -320 lbs ?

Anyone still sell a hydrarev ?
Not that they fit an iron head

·
Registered
96 Impala
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I looked over the forums havent seen any problems with ppl choosing NAL-12371042 as compared to the legion of problems reported with ls7 lifters im definitely running NAL-12371042. Thanx shakenfake!

·
Registered
96 Impala
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All i need now is the p/n for some legit screw in studs then i can get busy with this build. Already 1600 in parts alone not to mention my gen II tri ys from dan and the torque head upgrade. Im still debating on efi or the torqhead. I want to use the efi timing chain/cover 24 x with the torqhead coils wiring harness and pcm if possible. Im gonna call them tomorrow about this.

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Reading between the lines that kit seems to be no more than a convenient way to obtain all the pieces in one go.

They suggest the lifters in the kit are 17120735 which I don't believe are anything spectacular.

·
Registered
1996 Impala SS
404 Posts
Reading between the lines that kit seems to be no more than a convenient way to obtain all the pieces in one go.

They suggest the lifters in the kit are 17120735 which I don't believe are anything spectacular.
I don’t believe there is anything special about them. Just that they are the new “LS7” lifters. Since GM doesn’t make LS7 lifters and they are all repros.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts