Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you take off the ring on top of the fender for the antenna? Trying to take off fender and I can't get it out with out the antenna being in the way. Any help is appreciated.
Thanx

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
First, the antenna needs to be removed.

Then, the ring should be able to be removed.

Here's the "right" tool for the job:

·
Registered
170 Posts
That also removes the antenna, not just the ring?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First, the antenna needs to be removed.

Then, the ring should be able to be removed.

Here's the "right" tool for the job:
Hussker what is the name of that tool? Also I can't remove the antenna unless I remove the ring. It seems the ring is holding on to the antenna to the fender.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx! I did take off the 10mm bolt on the inside fender/door jam that holds the antenna it's just the antenna is connected to the ring thats holding it to the fender. Looks like I got to take a run to the auto parts store.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Thanx! I did take off the 10mm bolt on the inside fender/door jam that holds the antenna it's just the antenna is connected to the ring thats holding it to the fender. Looks like I got to take a run to the auto parts store.
The antenna mast ITSELF has a 10mm hex at the base of it.

Edit: Is this a power antenna?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
depending on weather or not u still need the metal ring a hammer and flathead screw driver will work but it will tear up the ring a little. thats what I did at the junkyard.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Yeah Isaac if I remember correctly, the top(outside) of fender has a 10mm part that can be removed. I did mine and never even took the fender off. cwm1 GL

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it's a power antenna. I went to O'Reilley's Auto Parts and they don't sell the wrench anymore but they had an Radio/Antenna tool set for rent with the wrench and some sockets. That wrench didn't work because it was too long and would hit the fender. I actually used one of the sockets in the kit and it was too easy. With that, the antenna came right off the fender:D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Isaac if I remember correctly, the top(outside) of fender has a 10mm part that can be removed. I did mine and never even took the fender off. cwm1 GL
Thanx,but I am parting out Isaiah's car and taking out the fender but the antenna was still attached by the ring

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Glad to see you had success! :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts