Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to upload pics and being told they are too big??? Never had this problem before. Says pic is 3.52 MB?? How do I make them smaller?

Do I need to upload to photobucket to work?

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Hi,
my phone camera takes really high res pics too, 2-6Mb.
the limit on the forum i think is in the 100-200Kb range. [195.3kb i checked]

there are many way to shrink file size, may want to google it.
Also .png files will likely be too big. start with .jpg or .jpeg files and shrink those.

Any reason you don't paste links to photos in your posts ?

-ALF out.....

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PITA but i tested one and found it's file

-ALF out...
OK, just thought there would be an easier way. Good to know.

Thanks!

Jay

·
Registered
215 Posts
If I drag files from my computer into the "drag files here to attach", they just show up as little thumbnails too small to really see. I don't know about anybody else but if I click on the thumbnail I just get a black screen. In order to have it as part of the message a decent size, does it have to come from a website like photobucket or similar?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
i am attaching a pic from my pc
its 54.9 kb

it should show up small and get big when you click it.
-ALF out...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Never liked the whole "thumbnail" thing..This photo came from "google"
photos by clicking on it to draw it out of the library,and copy/past the image address...

·
Administrator
448 Posts
@FUN 9C1 what device/browser are you using? If you click on "Go advanced" under the text box and click "manage attachments" you can upload the files direct from your computer. Does this way work better?

Niall

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Put your picture in your paint program, and save it as a smaller version.

·
Registered
215 Posts
@FUN 9C1 what device/browser are you using? If you click on "Go advanced" under the text box and click "manage attachments" you can upload the files direct from your computer. Does this way work better?

Niall
I had high hopes, but no, still thumbnails that turn the screen black when I click on them.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Put your picture in your paint program, and save it as a smaller version.
Already did that before my 1st try. They were all less than the max of 193mb or whatever the max is.

·
Administrator
448 Posts
I had high hopes, but no, still thumbnails that turn the screen black when I click on them.
Hey there,

Can you try adding a image using the method Niall mentioned above, within this thread?
I'd like to see what you see.

The Post above created by angelo, is a good example of what attached images should look like.
When you select it, the image opens up over the page.

Here is my attempted using the Paperclip Icon in the Go Advanced posting option.

LooksGoodToMe.jpg

Richard.

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
I copy/paste photo web-address after clicking open the photo-insert icon (yellow/mountain peaks)....

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Never liked the whole "thumbnail" thing..This photo came from "google"
photos by clicking on it to draw it out of the library,and copy/past the image address...
OK. But if that's your own pic then how'd you get it into Google to begin with?

And Kevin (EDIT: I mean Richard, Admin guy (WhoTH is Kevin?)), saving pics down to 169k is a little 'last century', but ok for a free forum I imagine. I don't recall when using that method getting an expandable thumbnail as much as a small format (like maybe 1/4 screen) direct attachment in the body of the reply. Errant memory? -or has there been a change?

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
At some point the photos need uploaded to GooglePhotos. I do it from Picasa,but not sure if that platform (also google) is still an option. Easy to go to GooglePhotos from any/all google pages,gmail,etc,etc...

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I didn't go through all the prior posts, so if this has been mentioned please excuse the redundancy.

If you have a smart phone:

Install AutoGuide and upload photos and post directly from your phone to the forum. AutoGuide will automatically resize your photos.

Of course you can do it from your computer with the proper steps, but what a PITA.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
...I don't recall when using that method getting an expandable thumbnail as much as a small format (like maybe 1/4 screen) direct attachment in the body of the reply...
Uploading the image to the forum's server as an attachment will result in the small thumbnail at the end of the reply, which could then be clicked for the original uploaded size.

Copy-and-pasting the URL to an image stored on a 3rd party server into the body of the reply will result in a full-size image without thumbnail. One's browser may or may not scale it own to fit within your window size, depending upon which browser is used and its settings.

·
Administrator
448 Posts
Already did that before my 1st try. They were all less than the max of 193mb or whatever the max is.
Hey there,

There has been plenty of advice and methods for uploading images listed above.
Any luck with them?

Please provide examples within this thread, so we can see what issues you are running into.

Thanks to the community for chiming in and offering help! :)

Richard.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts