Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm cruising slow today and I hear what sounds like I'm dragging a plastic bottle under my front passenger tire. After having someone look under the wheel as I went froward and reverse slowly the noise was in my center cap. I opened it and it was two bolts off, but it wasn't just the bolt it was the whole thread screw attached to the bolt somehow broke off. So I'm riding on three thread and bolts and two are broken off entirely. What do I have to look into to fix this? Is it called a new front hub? Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
You just need to have new bolts inserted into the hub.

Any competent brake shop should be able to handle this job.

KW

Oh yeah.......try to avoid them [email protected] potholes ;) !!!!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i take it to like "just brakes" and ask to put new bolts into the hub? thanks ill make some calls, and yeah that must have been what i hit haha.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Who tightened these bolts last? It sounds like over-tightening via impact wrench. When people put your wheels back on, you need to watch that they use the right sequence(opposite side to opposite side, not follow around the circle) and that they do not set their wrenches to over-tighten. You can end up ruining your wheels as well as the broken studs from bad installation practices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts