Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 96 impala and the rear differential seems to be off to the drivers side, that tire is almost in line with the quarter panel. what i also noticed is that the wheels are perfectly centered on the wheel well. previous owner mentioned car was wrecked n the rear driver side, is this maybe why it is off?

G

·
The wreck thing may be an issue but that aside most B-body cars, 94-96, maybe 91-96 the wheels will ride up in the front of the back wheel wells some. Boths sides or maybe one side. This is normal. WHen looking at the tire/rim you see that it is pushed frwrd some. That is normal.

G

·
SS, Caprice, 9c1, a lot of the B-body from 94-96 have this issue where one side or the other, the wheel when looking at it from the side appears to be sitting up frwrdin the wheel well. This is normal. I forget why, something about mounting holes in frame drilled in wrong spot but GM felt it not to be an issue and that is what you see with most Bbodys of 94-96, maybe even 91-96. Others here shoudl be able to chime in on this.
Then again I have note seen your wrecked car.

·
Registered
531 Posts
If the wheels are centered in the wheel wells but one side sits further outboard then the other, it sounds like it has loose adjustable UCA's. Might not be loose just adjusted uneven.
Sometimes they loosen up shifting the rear.
Good idea to check & see asap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts