·
Registered
346 Posts
your horsepower should be listed.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
For the "Stock Impala SS" in your sig?
Yank SS3600. If you don't go with a Yank SS series, go a bit lower on stall speed.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
(Comparison for a fairly stock 96 SS. Not 1,000 HP. )

I'm running the Yank 3200.

1996 SS
3.73's
ODBI conversion & Tune
RAISS
Frankenstein Exhaust
Stock Manifolds

I don't think I'd want much more stall in a Daily Driver, but Sometimes I second guess not getting the 3600.

My 60' times are in the 1.96 range on the drag radials.

·
Registered
97 Posts
ask the tech dudes at whatever manufacturer ur buying from and theyll point u in the right direction, im sure they will tell u the same as these other replies but never hurts to ask

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the "Stock Impala SS" in your sig?
Yank SS3600. If you don't go with a Yank SS series, go a bit lower on stall speed.
Pat that is what I was thinking. I remember Mike telling me how everything is suppose to match up.

How does this look:
Yank SS3600 + 3.73 + 28" Tall tire?
As far as HP, I honesty wont know til Ron finish paint and my final adjustments are made/dyno. I wont say 1000hp, because I honestly don't know what my setup will like to the ground especially with the extra drive train loss the 80 will bring.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
tugg'SS, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were asking about a different vehicle you had other than your turbo car........Stock Impala in your sig.

I don't think you want a hard hitting TC like the SS3600 behind an extremely high tq engine.
I'd talk to Dave Myers at Yank to get the right match. You're out of my experience range with that car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts