Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a newbie here. Need a little help. Looking for a picture of a wagon fuel sender assembly. I'm replacing the fuel pump in the Beastwagon and the return tube which holds the pump/sender assembly appears bent and I cant seem to correctly orient the assembly so it will seat into the tank. Not sure if I bent it removing the tank or what. The two diagrams in the factory manual are not consistent. One shows the tube is completely straight, the other shows two nintey degree bends.
Thanks...

· Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
two ninety-degree bends is what I've seen on my two sending units. The U-shape needs to be there because once the bottom of the sending unit hits the tank floor, it starts to compress a small amount to keep the fuel pump firmly placed against the bottom of the tank. If you've got the hose fully seated on the fuel pump, go ahead and just coax it back into the tank. Yes, it is a pain to do.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That helps. Thanks for the quick reply.

· Registered
3,115 Posts
Man...........bring your wagon out to the DMV meet pleaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeee.

So I wont be the only one there, too bad Ill still be the slowest in attendence.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man...........bring your wagon out to the DMV meet pleaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeee.

So I wont be the only one there, too bad Ill still be the slowest in attendence.
"slow" is better than "no-go" cwm1
The Beastwagon wont be going anywhere for a couple of days...waiting on a new fuel sender. I should have gotten one before I pulled the tank to do the pump. DOH! Of course, I should have done the pump weeks ago.
Everything is a project and nothing is ever complete.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.