Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Chevy impala SS That when I’m driving it it revs up really high but I can only get up to like 55 mph. Please tell me it’s not the transmission. In the morning it starts with a check engine light on and won’t reverse until it heats up when it warms up then I can reverse. After 15 minutes of driving yet it bucks a little bit and the check engine light turns off and it generally that drives fine . Every once in a while it does this revving thing

Help help help help I have a video of it but I can’t figure out how to post videos

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I'd be lying if I said it didn't sound like a transmission problem. Sounds like slipping friction. Not just the level of the fluids but if you pull out the trans dipstick does it have a burnt smell? Does it still have its fresh new red appearance?

-Brian

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
"and won’t reverse until it heats up when it warms up then I can reverse "

I have that too cuz my tranny is due for a rebuild, i'm at 300K plus...
-ALF out....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be lying if I said it didn't sound like a transmission problem. Sounds like slipping friction. Not just the level of the fluids but if you pull out the trans dipstick does it have a burnt smell? Does it still have its fresh new red appearance?

-Brian
:( it’s at the Mechanic now

·
Registered
Chevy Caprice Classic 1996, 5.7 liter
71 Posts

-Brian
Bro, I’m telling this site is God sent... it’s your transmission... a dude I knew was having the same issues... it cost bout $400 to get it rebuilt... better now than later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts