Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the process of having an air bag kit installed as we speak. It was ordered from universalairsuspension.com The shop that is doin it said i wood need belltech drop spindles. i dont no much about the air bag so i said ok if i need them. i have 22 inch diablo deltaforce rims. it is now time to lower my car off the jacks and now they cant cuz theyre sayin my rims are too big. i brung them my factorys and know they dont fit either. if they take my car off the jacks then its gonna rest on the fenders and eventually buckle they're saying. i just dont understand? doesw aqnybody have suggestions? i see people online all the time bagged tucking 22's. and its cuz i dont wanna cut my wheel wells theyre sayin. Im thinkin it may be the drop spindles. does anybody else know?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
is it resting on the outside of the fender (the actual lip) or just inside the fender? if it's inside the fender, then nothing is going to buckle. plenty of people have laid out their impalas and caprices with the inner fenders sitting on the tires.

from what I have read on here though, spindles do push the wheel out a little bit, and if it's sitting on the fender lip itself, then yes, the spindle could be causing the problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spindles will make your car about 2" lower and push the weels out 3/4" on each side. I ordered my wheels so they would tuck.

It sounds like the place you took your car does not know what they are doing. Maybe they didn't have cups welded to the bag brackets? I have tons of travel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Diggs1870,
OMFG! If it is not then it is one of the top picks I have ever seen for sickest Impy EVER! This is of course only my opinion. All he needs to complete the look is black out tape the chrome around the windows and it would be done. Damn I cant stop looking at that pic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by yohinan:
Diggs1870,
OMFG! If it is not then it is one of the top picks I have ever seen for sickest Impy EVER! This is of course only my opinion. All he needs to complete the look is black out tape the chrome around the windows and it would be done. Damn I cant stop looking at that pic.
I agree, looks F*ing sick!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they took the drop spindles off and put 245/30/zr22 tires on the front and now they tuck. i had 265/35/22's on there b4. what are some off you guys tires sizes cuz im not too fond of the 30 in the 245/30/22. theres barely any tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.