Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Please help if you can on my 95 wagon.

F-40 It shows as HD susp Var 1. What stuff does that option give me? Is there a Var 2?
V92 Trailering package. What exactly is in the package. The car has auto level and Posi, are these part of it?
Z31 ?????
1SC ?????
1SZ Option package discount?
IQC ?????
R6Z ?????
R7K ?????
Thanks for any help you can give. I have looked everywhere I could find but these few codes I can't figure out. Regards, Gerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Go to a Buick dealer with your VIN and ask them to run a printout showing your vehicle option content. The dealer should do this for free. You must be getting the code numbers off of the sticker and some numbers are obscured for I have a loaded 94 Roadmaster Estate and neither its sticker nor its option printout has any of your unknown codes. What you read as R6Z is probably R4Z, which is the code for General tires.

In my experience with approx. 12 b-body wagons in family since 1977, the trailer package includes the heavy duty cooling (mech and elect fans) - V08, 140 amp alt - KG9, 2.93 rearend - GW9, posi - G80, radiator with internal oil cooler - KC4, auto level control - G67, and trailer provisions (wiring harness) V92. Also in my experience all wagons since the downsize in 1977 came with the F40 HD suspension and the external trans cooler - KD1.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 2ltones, those codes are from the the print out from my Chev dealer and not misread. The R6Z is correct. It is right after the R4Z . There are a total of 68 rpo codes on this cars sheet including color and trim.
As for the aux cooler on all 77 and newer wagons, I would have to disagree. My 78 350 Caprice wagon did not have anything but the in rad cooler.. Thanks anyway, Gerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to get another printout if all you have is the codes with out a description of what the code means. When I first asked for a printout of the codes all I received was the code numbers in a single paragraph. I then asked the dealer for a printout of the codes with descriptions. This will solve your problem.

As for the external trans cooler, I have not seen a wagon without one (my father bought a new wagon every two years for almost thirty years and I have owned a 95 Caprice wagon as well as my 94 Roadmaster), I did not mean that they did not build them that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.