Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got my hotchkis and are installing now, took the old springs out...Have the whole back end of car jacked up with jackstands on both sides...However the hotchkis springs almost seem too small??? There is like an inch of play, how do I install them? Am I going to need some friends to hold the springs in and drop the car slowly? It just doesnt seem right...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Put them in and put the jack under the pumpkin and then jack it up till they seat. If shocks are off reinstall bottom bolt should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Steve use some zip ties to hold the rear springs in place on the he axle. once you lower it down the springs well pop in place. good luck

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put them in and put the jack under the pumpkin and then jack it up till they seat. If shocks are off reinstall bottom bolt should be good to go.
Thx alot, thats what we ended up doing..

Steve use some zip ties to hold the rear springs in place on the he axle. once you lower it down the springs well pop in place. good luck
Damn Bob barely missed your post...That would of been alot of help...thx

Now on the front springs the area with coils closest together go on top correct?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally done, a little over 6 hours for all four springs and two new shocks up front....Ill ut pics in the weekly thread soon

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Times 2

·
Registered
785 Posts
shouldve came by

1 - 8 of 8 Posts