Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a freind called me today about a 1996 caprice ,non 9c1 needs engine installed.
the owner is also has rear ended 96 ta auto that runs he was going to put into the caprice but never pulled.
any ways the caprice is the 4.3,he can take the engine and tranny and caprice for 1600 but he has to remove the drivetrain.
the ta was said to have roller rockers 1.6 ,underdrive pulleys,longtube headers ran good.
the caprice has 373's,what b-body parts would he need or can he use to swap the motor.
pcm,wiring,sensors etc.
going to be his street cruiser he plans on putting 22's if he dont find a caprice/impala he's thinking crown vic.​

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Use the wiring harness that is already in the Caprice.
It is the same harness he will need for the TA motor.
He should use the pcm from the TA though.

-Nab

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well we are going back to pay him tommorow evening.i was told f body engines remove from the bottom,i am thinking about cutting the radiator support,to pullthe motor.
the seller is keeping the ta to sell whats left of it for parts and scrap.also we found out that the tranny has a 2400 stall but the tranny slips,car belonged to his son has 114k on odometer.
headers are pace setter long tubes.talked to his son who actually owned the ta,and these are some of the mods that were done.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Likely easiest to pull the motor out the bottom. Undo the subframe and mounts and crap, and lift the car off the subframe while leaving the subframe on stands. Use chain falls to lift the car off the frame.

Either way, it's gonna be worth nothin' but scrap weight when you're done - unless the guy wants to part out what's left.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.