Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I made two posts, one was "Talking Tools" & the other was a For Sale item. I got to looking and they don't show up in recent posts. I got to investigating a little and I saw there were some posts I hadn't seen prior in the Misc. section. One was by juniorwatson and the other was by angelo. I guess since only five(5) posts show when coming back here the posts get moved. Scenario: A bot comes in and overloads the posts and all relevant posts, to us, are knocked off . Does anyone know how to check and try to stay current? Bob...Bob.......Bob?
Ala Ferris Bueller

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just click on the "New" circle with a point coming out of it at ~7:30 - it brings up any thread that has been posted in since I last clicked on "New". I typically check a couple times a day and there's typically 5-15 posts in that time. Just not that much traffic on this forum so I look at everything that's posted.

I saw your Tools and For Sale posts - FYI

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW!!!! Old dogs do learn new tricks. Thanks a ton for that info FUB. You Da Man..

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
....... [crying for help] ................

Hahaha. I can laugh now 'cause the same dam thing was 'happinin' to me. At one point I was actually getting more recent threads on that stup'it 'Popular' than 'New Posts'.

Seriously, I've posted on this before. I accidentally noticed 'Filters' one day and wondered, OK WTF another pointless button for all us ADHDHDTV? I got sucked into the "1" in parenthesis next to Filters, and I says, "WhoThe Hell put a filter on me?" I click it and one of the boxes is checked so's I uncheckit. Close out and the "1" is still there. Go back and uncheckit AGAIN! And then I notice 'Save as Default', even though that's a pretty dam dumb logic FU if you think of it.

Anyway, I've been getting reliable return since then hitting either the 'NEW' voicecloud or the 'New Posts' box. Depending on whether I like rectangles or circles that day. Because two different buttons on the exact same screen do exactly the same thing. No I'm not getting pissed.

But there's more! Just as a cute little secret cheat from the child prodigy coders you have to be sure to find the --> correct <-- 'Filters', not the other 'Filters'. They're in exactly the same place so it'll be a matter of the secret steps to get to the right 'Filters'.

You want the one that looks like this when clicked:

To get complete returns be sure to uncheck everything, and be sure to answer the question correctly at the bottom to Save as default, - you know to show you're really really sure.

On the other hand, if the 'Filters' gives you this, then you're SOL and a DA for trying:

Actually, the correct 'Filters' might reside in the root 'New Posts', whereas not when in any specific Topic. But INS.

Patience and Good luck, 'cause those are SIH what it takes to get around on here nowadays eh.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bob. I'm so happy that this is so much easier to navigate now. The fact remains that so much of this is 👽 to me. I feel we got 🦴ed here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts