Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having an issue with my car WOT when it shifts my car starts slightly jerking /stuttering, only way to bring it out of the stutter is to let off the pedal then push it again or to kick the pedal down more to bring it out of the stutter, anyone else have this issue or know what may be causing this? Been this way for a year or so, other than that it drives fine

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1,519 Posts
What do you mean when you say, "when it shifts"?

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Yes, that part needs a good deal better description, if nothing else to try to differentiate engine v. tranny issue(s). If the so-called 'WOT' part is off the line then just study the stickies and search numerous threads re: 'warm (as in, closed loop) off-idle stumble'.

I take it the MIL is not currently lit, but are there any stored codes?

Reactions: Caddylack

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trying to think how to put it, either from a dead stop or getting up to cruising speed on the highway anytime the car changes gears it starts to stutter slightly until you either give it more pedal to accelerate out of the stutter or you let off the gas pedal and push it down again, never throws a cel when it does it

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
OK part throttle stutter / hesitation. Same as off-idle. It's all in the stickies. Many common air, fuel and spark causes. In the course of attending any dozen or so neglected / overlooked periodic maint. items you might actually eliminate the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts