Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the DDM Hi/Lo kit. Could anyone tell me on the wiring from the DDM hi/lo relay that goes to the car headlight plug and has a white -blue- and tan wire. What colors do they match up with on the factory plug? I know which colors for the factory plug are high - low - and ground but no idea on the DDM hi/lo relay.
DDM is closed and their web site has been no help.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the pictures work. I know the hookup on the car. It's the hi/lo relay from DDM that is giving me a problem. Completely different wire colors. White-red and tan and not connected to the plug. Just 3 loose wires

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wiring

I have to say a big thanks to Mike "94MI9C1" for going out at near midnight to take me this picture of the HI/Lo relay wires on the DDM kit.

I'm posting this picture of the DDM plug in case DDM continues to ship the Hi/Lo kits with the no wires attached and no wiring diagram.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Did it come with loose wires? All I had to do with mine was plug it in, no issues.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My high beams don't work with my HID setup ? Is there a way to enable them to work ?:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My high beams don't work with my HID setup ? Is there a way to enable them to work ?:
Only if you have the Hi/lo kit with Hi/lo bulbs and Hi/lo relay.

If you are only looking to have the lights on when you use the lever you can connect the factory harness wires for high and lo beam. It will be the same light whether you have high or low beams on.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
They arent connected because polarity is different dependent on which side you are installing the HID bulb on and DDM leaves them unhooked so you can customize it for your setup. A connection that works on one side will not work the same on the other.

Test your wires first before inserting them into the connectors. Once you found how the lights are working correctly with the wires in the correct spots, you can then hook up your wires to the connector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts