Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a set of 8000K hi/low HID's and the low beams work, but the high beams do not. Basically, when I turn the high beams on, there is no visible change in the light output/pattern. These HIDs seem to be the type where the bulb moves for the high beams as there is no shield on them. The really strange thing is since the first time I tried to turn them on after installing the HIDs, my high beam indicator light on the dash doesn't turn off. It dims a little when the highs are off, but it doesn't turn off anymore.

I had a set of low only HIDs on before, so I didn't have high beams (when I would set them to high, my headlights would shut off completely), but the high beam light has never stayed on like this before. I am really not sure what to check. The new kit seems to be hooked up correctly, but is there anyone familiar with these types of kits that could let me in on what to check? Could a bad ground do this? Could I have installed the bulb itself incorrectly in the housing that is not allowing it to move for the high beams?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts