Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of shaving the antenna when I do the doors... anyone know if these work?
AutoLoc Hidden Antenna
Are there better ones on the market? Or are they a waste? :confused:

I'm installing XM so I don't really care about FM, but if this works I might try it.
Thanks,
Martin

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I shopped around for one and contacted several places and I never heard one good thing said about them. I've got XM so I don't miss my antenna too much, but it would be nice to have. If you find any positive reviews of one or if anyone here has had any good experiences I'd like to here them; it is something that is towards the bottom of my to do list.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. ;)

I think I'll try the dakota digital when I get my new stereo installed.

Thanks again,
Martin

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going to just get an old antenna and stick it under the dashboard pad.it should work ok.really dont listen to the radio much.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone posted a while back that hot rodders mount a regular antenna underneath the car along the frame. Other than a clip to hold the floppy end I can't see why it wouldn't work. I need to do something with my 9C1 since it will be about 2 years since the passengers fender was replaced and the antenna was shaved.

I plan on trying the under body mount. I will post back if I ever get around to it.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can also wire it in to the rear defroster(unless you use it alot). Nissan sells most of their cars with either a single rear window antenna, or a body mounted antenna, and the window antenna. I also have a 2k1 Nissan altima, and it has the antenna in the window only, and it gets better reception than the caprice ever has (although I don't listen to the radio anymore).

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried searching for a windshield antenna too. I know alot of the chevy trucks used to come with those, I'm sure they are built into the window, but I was supprised nobody makes a stick on one; that would be perfect.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The newer olds intriques have antennas built in the glass. It would be nice if there was a stick on version of it..

Matt

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only thing I would worry about is if you ever put a remote starter/keyless entry on. I don't know if it would interfear with the transmitter or not, but you might want to check into it first.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would you think the radio signal would be poor from a inside mounted atenna because some cars have a heat reflective windshield? I know from personaly experence that these windshield cause EZ pass (Toll transponder) to not work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts