Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Hike Houston AKA Impala Mike Delivery Problems

5K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  4DoorSS 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit: Mike Houston runs a shop called "Impala Mike's out of San Bernadino, CA." This is not the same person as "Impala Mike" on facebook. Different guy.

So... I seem to be having no luck getting a smooth front bumper for my car. Now I'm getting a runaround from Mike. I will say this in advance: Mike seems like a good guy to talk to. Very nice on the phone, seems to really like these cars. He also has some good looking product.

However... I'm starting to get very concerned with the delivery of a bumper I purchased from him. Here's the chain of events.

9/15: Talked to Mike via phone and text. He said he had one in stock: "I'll get it cleaned up and ready to ship".
9/16: Ended up having to send a Postal MO for the part against my better judgement. Mike doesn't take Paypal, which was the only online option for me.
9/22: Mike confirmed that the MO arrived at that the bumper would ship by Wednesday 9/27
9/29: I asked Mike if the product shipped, and Mike said "I'll check"
10/2 - present: I've sent multiple inquiries for tracking. All I get is "I'm working with my shipping guy", "I'm at the shop now going through his stuff", "I'll get back to you in a few".
Present: Still no shipping info. I'm having it sent to work so I need to know this information for my shipping department.

Based on the fact that shipping information simply can't be this difficult to obtain, I'm starting to think this thing either doesn't exist (still needs to be made) or hasn't shipped. I'm actually okay with either but I need to understand what's going on. The lack of information I have so far is causing concerns.

Note that none of this is my timeline. Mike is the one that stated it was ready to ship, that it did ship, etc. I've asked him to level with me on the status of this bumper and he just keeps running a smoke machine with cryptic texts and no information.

Anybody else have this problem with Mike? Did you end up getting your product? I was already concerned about having to buy something with a MO and now I'm clearly getting the runaround. All I need here is a timeline and an honest current status. Am I'm asking too much?

See less See more
#3 ·
Believe "Impala Mike",and Mike Houston are two different people.

#5 ·
Just noticed you paid with a postal money order. Back when Yahoo Auctions and Ebay were newish and Paypal did not exist, I paid for any major item with USPS money orders because if the seller did not deliver, the threat of being charged with mail fraud got sellers moving. And the pro scammers did not want to be paid with USPS MOs. I remember one guy backing out of a deal when I said I was going to pay with one. And then there was a chick in Chicago who refused to accept the envelope (always sent Certified) when she found out how I paid.

Anyway, you should look into the mail fraud angle.

#10 ·
Hopefully he steps up and does the right thing. GL and keep us posted.

#13 ·
his tactics have gotten worse now. dunno if you have Instagram or Facebook but hes been burning alot of people in the community. he is still giving same excuses. and he is duping alot of new people who assume he is the only one to do the stuff he sells. like others have said i would open a fraud claim and if you have the time and patience and you can take him to small claims court to get back your money(as me how i know). good luck

#15 ·
Doesn't surprise me that he's bad-mouthing people. Last time I spoke with him he told me I was rude.

Regarding small claims, thanks. I'll shoot you a PM with more details, but I've been talking to San Bernardino Co. Small Claims Court about a phone-in for me. It isn't worth my time otherwise. Looks like they will allow it. No reason not to proceed if that's the case.

I really think he's after one last cash grab. He can't be thinking that anything he is doing is sustainable. Maybe he's thinking when he can no longer sell parts online he can still run his body shop. Even that's going to get tough though - He has two google reviews of his business, both stating that he's a thief (I'm one of them). You should see the text conversations I've had with him. "I'll call you in a minute"... for four hours. My guess is that on the rare occasion he turns on his phone he just gets hammered. I'm certainly not very pleasant when I speak to him at this point... and I'm the nicest SOB I know. :)

#14 ·
he was banned from the impala ss forum facebook group, there is countless posts about him ..... the reality is if you dont show up and face to face chances are your SOL

#17 ·
There is no bumper,there never was any bumper,and there never will be any bumper...

#19 ·
Mikey sounds like the kind of guy that is a real POS!!! He probably also talks all nasty on the phone with people demanding he do the right thing but meet him face to face and bet he cries like a baby. These types of guys are really just little mama boys who don't know any better since this is how they were raised by worthless parents.

If you never get your money back from this lying, cheating, scumbag of a Human (by DNA only), then my hope is you get some sort of satisfaction that you can get by a little good ole fashioned "pummeling". These types of people only understand 1 thing and boy I hope you get to share.

And MIKEY?.....if your listening, reading.......YOU are a FU(K!nG joke and a Spineless POS just like anyone who considers themselves your Friend. Your business is also a Joke and any Family you have probably disowned your dishonest A$$ years ago. You must live a miserable existence with no friends and family and surely a Sad person in need of help.

Now take a deep breath...hold it....hold it...keep holding......feeling faint yet? that's okay, that feeling will pass....keep holding your breath......you MFer!!

#20 ·
im one of the lucky ones, but i think it is because everything i have done with mike was in person and i personally helped him a few times. this was also before all the bs....
so i am neutral i have nothing positive to say or negative.

but i will tell you the trend is most of the guys who actually got their ****, either cornered him at WCG or showed up in cali and waited for their product.

#23 ·
It was obvious to me based on what I've heard on this POS and how he operates, that he is a large POS. This only confirms that but at a much different level.

Ok, I'm going to rant a little.....I can darn near forgive a criminal for just about any crime including and depending on the circumstances, causing someones death. BUT, the 1 thing I could never forgive and have my own ideas of justice....are doing anything to harm a child. That $h!t is UNFORGIVABLE!!! I'm so riled up now after seeing that. Anyone that does anything physically or otherwise to hurt an innocent child deserves no sympathy or 2nd chances....end of discussion. UUGHHHHH, what a piece of fricking GARBAGE.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.