Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
you got her loaded down man. Have fun and be safe

·
Registered
286 Posts
Great looking wagon. Looks like it will pull the front wheels right right off the ground when you accelerate. Have a great time!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made with no worries....... still pulling hard on all the hills. Not bad for "getting pretty tired, I shoulda' replaced this motor a couple of years ago" TBI car with a 200,000 mile tranny, but the gears help out.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Had to post a pic of the Wagon before I headed out for fort Flagler... Man was it saggin! Next time I wont fill the tank on the trailer before I head out. I also had 5 days worth of firewood inside!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31089013&l=5e9d83a022&id=1356977439
Especially in hilly country, fill your water tank at your destination. Water is 8 lbs. per gallon (up here it's 10 lbs.) and if not needed its just so much more weight. Haven't run across a park yet that doesn't have fresh water available.

Stopped using our RV as a wood hauler years ago. Again the extra weight for no real benifit, not to mention the bugs and crap on the floor. On this coast theres a real push on about spreading wood bugs from one area to the other so you can face real fines if bring your own wood.

Last weekend, a group of kids arrived at the Provincial park we stay at with two pickups, one filled with beer and the other filled with wood. They were turned back at the gate, not just for the quantity of beer but more so for the imported wood. It was more then obvious what that group had planned for the weekend.

With that much weight on the tongue, I bet the trailer was really doing the watusi during your trip. You'll find keeping the tongue weight down to 10-12 % of trailer weight will make it track really well. Exceed or drop below that percentage and the sway becomes an issue.

Hope your holiday turns out great.

Bill

·
Registered
501 Posts
You need the Airlift bags in the back. You won't regret it. And it only takes about 30 minutes to put them in. Hell, you could probably do it in the campground before you head home!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
You need the Airlift bags in the back. You won't regret it. And it only takes about 30 minutes to put them in. Hell, you could probably do it in the campground before you head home!
I'll second that. I would be embarrassed to show a photo of my wagon looking like that, not to mention the danger factor.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It wasn't as bad on the pavement, the rear of the car is sort of in a hole, and it drove awesome.
I agree on the airbags, I should toss in some in.:)
I was wanting to do the airpump mod and use the auto level, but I have so many projects lined up that won't happen for years. cwm6

I'll second that. I would be embarrassed to show a photo of my wagon looking like that, not to mention the danger factor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.