1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it better to have a front and rear HO swaybar
or

a rear HO/f-body front swaybar

or vice versa.

what is a good brand of trailing arms to get?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was doing A LOT of research on this topic and most of the people here are using the F-Body front/HO rear bar as their combo.

I started to search for a used F-Body bar at the junk yards and had no luck what so ever. My friend asked if I wanted to buy his front HO front bar (it's thicker than f-bar) that he used on his wagon and I said HELLZ YEAH!

The car deff feels like it lost 1,000 lbs!

Now, I only need to get the rear HO bar and some LCA's from BMR.

So there, I hope that answers your question.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used front and rear HO bars on my 95 Fleetwood and they work really well. Installed the BMR lower rear arms, Bilstein shocks and Imp SS springs at same time.

Car seems to weigh 3600 instead of 4400. Easy bolt in, got them here in Virginia from California in under a week.
All necessary parts included, etc.
In other words, no problems with bars or shipping, etc.

I didn't have that much time to waste looking for F body front bars, plus it's supposed to be a better bar anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on your definition of "better"

the HO bar is bigger, which means more understeer. This is "safer", but the F-body bar will let you go around corners a might quicker all else being equal. The HO bar is also a lot more expensive (near double), or it was when I bought by SS bars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by The Untouchable:
HO front bar IS a better/bigger bar than the BMR/F-Body bar.
Why is bigger better? Just because something is the biggest of it's breed, does not mean it's better...especially with swaybars. You need to balance the front and rear to the rest of your car as well as your driving style...so you need to match it to your springs, to where you have weight (like a heavy stereo setup in the trunk and aluminum cylinder heads versus an empty trunk with no spare and iron heads), and you need to determine wether or not you're always going to lift off the gas and/or apply the brakes if the car starts to slide, in which case then a bigger front bar will be better, or if the rearend starts to come around, are you going to stay in the throttle and use the steering wheel to correct the course of the car?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For street driving a matched sets of bars that will improve cornering and still leave a margin of understeer is a good thing. Scott Mueler aka the god father of big sway bars stated the F body front HA rear was better suited to the track than the street.My car is set up to maximize autocrossing capability and the cornering limits are quite high but there is little warning when you get there. Consequently I drive slower on the street than when I had a less aggressive set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.