Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides a major price increase if any one would want or could own a Holden Caprice...what really makes the Holden Caprice different from USA oem Caprice/wagon?

Just curious folks...saw one Holden for $52K for sale?...duhhh. LOL!!!
Enjoy and work safe,
Mark

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:
-------------------------------------------------
Besides a major price increase if any one would want or could own a Holden Caprice...what really makes the Holden Caprice different from USA oem Caprice/wagon?
Well GM USA haven't made a Caprice Wagon/Sedan since 1996, while Holden has never stopped making them..
Also Holden/Chevrolet of the Middle East(owned by GM) is from Australia, they have never shared the same standard(except the Cadillac Catera and the new Pontiac GTO) design as GM of America..
Really the only thing it has shared with its American Cousins', is there powerplants..

The main reason for the high cost, would be to cover the importation fees and emissions mods to make it legal for US/Canadian sales, since they haven't been made available for mass American/Canadian importation by GM

Oh and BTW, I have never heard of the Holden Caprices(Australian/Middle Eastern) being offered as a wagon

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by TOT ROD 1:
Just a link if any one is interested in a 70K Caprice!

Mark
Actually it would be $52,752.10 as of this morning in U.S. dollars.

PursuitSS

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wondering if I can use this new car value on my wife as I try to find some Impala SS rims and tires for the '95'? ("but dear, it is a 52k car!) <smile>... Hmmm...maybe she won't notice the radio will "suddenly" have a cd changer instead of the cassette deck by the end of this week!

Figure I have a little over 10% of 52K vested so far in this new 'toy', and that includes what I gave for it.

Obviously the economy is good somewhere (else) if folks can afford a 52k caprice! LOL!!!
Mark

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:
Hmmm...maybe she won't notice the radio will "suddenly" have a cd changer instead of the cassette deck by the end of this week
Just mount it in the trunk and tell her that it has been there all along :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts