Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wonder if anyone has any insight or experience with the fitment/clearance of the Holley Lo-Ram 300-679 intake. Can’t find much info or pictures of others using this intake on a LS swap.
It looks to be a little too high and will probably have hood clearance issues.
Might have to go with the Holley Ultra Lo-Ram Intake 300-680.

96 Impala SS
Gen 4 , L92
KDS motor mounts

Rectangle Font Parallel Schematic Slope
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Diagram
Cylinder Auto part Metal Font Electronics accessory
Office supplies Cylinder Camera accessory Machine Rectangle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Registered
67 Posts
I would suggest not getting the taller one. I've got the Jeg's fabricated manifold which is listed as 8" high and I would not want to try to look for another inch of clearance.
For that kind of money though, can I ask why not go with the LS3 manifold? Had I known for certain ahead of time that it would fit, that's the path I'd have taken.

· Registered
1996 BBB
1,756 Posts
Possibly check it against the dimensions of an LSA blower.
I'm running KDS mounts with an LSA blower/ZL1 lid and it fit under the cowl just barely (I actually rounded the cowl in a little with a torch/dolly because it seemed a little too close for comfort during mockup but I don't think I had to in retrospect once things settled down on the mounts). Fits under stock hood easily.

I can't see the top of that being any taller than the top of an LSA blower, but the key is that the Zl1 blower lid tapers down in the back at almost a perfect slope to clear the cowl. That's likely where you will have the most clearance issue. That and possibly at the very front of the TB outlet as it appears to stick out a bit further than an LSA and the hood begins to slope down at that point.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would suggest not getting the taller one. I've got the Jeg's fabricated manifold which is listed as 8" high and I would not want to try to look for another inch of clearance.
For that kind of money though, can I ask why not go with the LS3 manifold? Had I known for certain ahead of time that it would fit, that's the path I'd have taken.
Wanted to do something different than the factory intake . Worst case I get the Ultra lo-ram

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Possibly check it against the dimensions of an LSA blower.
I'm running KDS mounts with an LSA blower/ZL1 lid and it fit under the cowl just barely (I actually rounded the cowl in a little with a torch/dolly because it seemed a little too close for comfort during mockup but I don't think I had to in retrospect once things settled down on the mounts). Fits under stock hood easily.

I can't see the top of that being any taller than the top of an LSA blower, but the key is that the Zl1 blower lid tapers down in the back at almost a perfect slope to clear the cowl. That's likely where you will have the most clearance issue. That and possibly at the very front of the TB outlet as it appears to stick out a bit further than an LSA and the hood begins to slope down at that point.
Okay I look into the dimensions on a LSA and see how it compares. My main concern was the front where the throttle body is since that is the highest point

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I’ve read on the forum that the truck FEAD will fit (besides the modification to the AC bracket).

1. TRUCK FEAD fits but with how much clearance to the hood?

The L92 I got has the complete FEAD so I install the Alt/Pwr steering bracket and set the intake on to see if the intake sat higher than the Alt.

it’s barley taller then the Alt maybe 1/2in or less.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tread

Automotive tire Sports gear Sports equipment Automotive design Helmet

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Rim

· Registered
67 Posts
Your FEAD alternator looks higher than mine relative to the intake but I can't see why. My alternator also had a connector at 12:00 which made it slightly higher. The alternator was disassembled, the rear housing was clocked cw so the connector exited to the right. My FEAD was from a Savana so I assume same as a truck. If your alternator is no higher than mine then you should be all set- which should be good news for your intake also. Note this photo is with the truck manifold still installed so the TB is probably higher.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Rim

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your FEAD alternator looks higher than mine relative to the intake but I can't see why. My alternator also had a connector at 12:00 which made it slightly higher. The alternator was disassembled, the rear housing was clocked cw so the connector exited to the right. My FEAD was from a Savana so I assume same as a truck. If your alternator is no higher than mine then you should be all set- which should be good news for your intake also. Note this photo is with the truck manifold still installed so the TB is probably higher.
View attachment 209397
Maybe cause I have a different Alternator , larger case. This was out of an 08 Escalade , more options like heated seats and etc.
Well I feel a lot more confident that it’ll work now . Also saw this video of a truck FEAD , but with a smaller Alt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts