Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the home stretch to finish choosing a cam. From previous posts here's what i've elected to go with for my mild street setup daily driver

1. Cam (w/ RR, valve springs, etc.)
2. LT1 timing chain
3. new optispark, plugs (AC Delco), wires (magnecor), water pump
4. SLP 2400 TC
5. 3.73 w/ eaton

Now considering my choices, and my goals of: relatively good gas mileage, daily driver streetability, whopping low end torque, but strong through the top end; what cam would match this setup well?

I hear lots on the 227. How about CM's cams (specifically the CC-TN-218XL or CC-TN-221XL)? How do they compare or rate to what i want to do?
is it going to be sluggish of the line? that kinda stuff. Thanks gusy, all your help is greatly appreciated

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good to me but why not go with an LT4 timing chain. Also, you will not need wrap for the wires (at least I didn't).

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the edelbrock headers, burned through my previous wires a few hours after install. so i wrapped the wires and they have been fine since. the headers also ate through my ac hose. which i need to find a way to reroute or wrap the headers. i think when i get the chance i just want some try-y's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.