Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Finally did my homeplate delete. I was gonna use a hockey puck but i went to home depot instead and got two 35cent knockout test caps scuffed em painted em black n mod finished

Attachments

Registered
Finally did my homeplate delete. I was gonna use a hockey puck but i went to home depot instead and got two 35cent knockout test caps scuffed em painted em black n mod finished
Not to shabby, I used hockey pucks on both my cars. I recently purchased a trick flow intake elbow that would be going into my SS. :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Not to shabby, I used hockey pucks on both my cars. I recently purchased a trick flow intake elbow that would be going into my SS. :D
Thanx man. Really jus seein hw this will work. Still may try the hockey puck tho....

Premium Member
What are those knockout plugs made of?

I recently changed out my wife's hockey puck in her air intake and the puck had a different diameter where the clamp was versus the bottom that was in the air stream. She had been getting some oil pulling through the PCV into the throttle body but we corrected that. I guess that the hockey pucks don't react well to petrochemicals. :p

We were chasing idle issues on her car only to find out that the clamp around the puck kept loosening up. That's where we found that the puck diameter had changed.

Jim

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
What are those knockout plugs made of?

I recently changed out my wife's hockey puck in her air intake and the puck had a different diameter where the clamp was versus the bottom that was in the air stream. She had been getting some oil pulling through the PCV into the throttle body but we corrected that. I guess that the hockey pucks don't react well to petrochemicals. :p

We were chasing idle issues on her car only to find out that the clamp around the puck kept loosening up. That's where we found that the puck diameter had changed.

Jim
Its the hard plastic material the same as the tubing for plumbing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts