Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '94 Caprice, yesterday i noticed that the passenger front part of the hood is sticking up about 1/4" and the gap between hood and fender is really tight on that side as well. Any ideas what could have happened? I have not ever had the hood or fenders off, it wasn't like this a week ago when i last washed the car, i haven't messed with the "adjusters" that are on the radiator support, and i didn't hit anything like a curb or pothole or anything. Will post some pics later, just seeing if maybe i have a hood shock that went out or something someones come across before. The hood closes and opens just fine and i can even push it down so it's level with the fender but it pops right back up that 1/4"

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Ive had 3 different hoods on my car,they all have done this:confused: It has to have been in some sort of accident, cant think of nothing else cuz ive tryed to adjust every single one and get the same result...sux for me!!!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive had 3 different hoods on my car,they all have done this:confused: It has to have been in some sort of accident, cant think of nothing else cuz ive tryed to adjust every single one and get the same result...sux for me!!!
After looking at old pics i have, it seems its been a little off all along but suddenly even more so. Mine hasn't been in an accident of any sort, all new body bushings a few years ago...everything is always heavily maintained so i just don't get it.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
these cars came with poor panel fitment from the factory I think.
I was able to realign my hood when I first got the car, quite a few people have had to do that.
IIRC I loosened the hinge bolts to reposition the hood and maybe readjusted the hood latch, its been a few years now.

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
My first guess would be that the hinge bolts are loose, either on the hood, or on the body. Probably on the hood. I do not think the latch or stops are the culprit. The fact that you can push it into place means something is loose. Over time vibrations will cause bolt that are not tightened properly to loosen further. Look for wear marks at the hood hinges.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Same thing for both of my caprices... One was shutting hood on screw driver and the other was the 1st week of the new caprice project and shut the damn thing on some hoses and resivoir tank lol i dont know how I didnt see them. Somebody on here told me take a 2X4 and lay it across hood and have people push down at the same time, but I have yet to try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.