Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I live in Michigan and store my SS for the winters. Reading about you owners who get to drive SS's, 9C1's and Caprice's year round motivated me to pick up a Caprice to drive in the winter to help ease my withdrawal. It has an LT1 with stock dual exhaust and I started sublte mods the day I got it home. What I need are options to replace the bowtie hood ornament that's sticking up out of the hood. I've heard of some type of LTZ emblem that lays flat to replace it but since I don't have the LTZ options, is there a plain bowtie type? Any help (part number, picture, description) would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
Steve
96 DGGM & 94 Caprice

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot Gary. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Steve

------------------
Steve
96 DGGM & 94 Caprice

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The P/N is 10188701 if you wanted to know. Now when i see a caprice with a hood ornament i think i looks kinda funny. This is a good piece that helps to give a sleeker look with out the price of new paint an body work.

------------------
94 9C1 Caprice (Ex-VA State Trooper)
Grey/Blue, No anntena holes or spot light ever!

Mods: 2 9C1 wipers, Fuel bib, Cargo net, LTZ hood emblem, TSI center console, Sewer pipe intake w/swiss cheesed airbox, Still have homeplate for now.

I have working Blink-Blinks!!!!!!!!
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like my hood ornament. Of course, I use it for sighting in on Mustangs and Camaros

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've run a gunsight, an LTZ ornament, and eventually switched to a hood w/o the ornament. For the money the LTZ definitely gives your car a more aggressive look immediately. However, I think chevy did it right by eliminating it altogether.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree that it looks better without. But look at the sig picture (I know the quality of the picture sucks, I'll get a new one soon) and imagine that you are a 'Stang.

------------------
Pat Flavin
'94 B4U LT1, NA350-12.86
'94 9C1 LT1, stock-14.94
'99 SS Y2Y, stock
2.22 60',[email protected]
'95 Blazer, stock (for now)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ummm... Hate to tell ya this, Sleeper, but the pic ain't workin'...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
9C1LT1, thanks for the part number for the hood ornament. I ran the SPID codes last night to see what was really on the car. The ones I think are good are the B4U , FE3, G80, KC4, KD1, V08 and V92. Not sure what V92 Trailer Provisions mean, but I've only had it 4 days. I do like the 30U color code - Gray Blue metallic. Goes with my 96 DGGM. I did take it out in the parking lot at work today and had a buddy watch while I did a quick power brake. Posi is there and working.
I'm sure I'll be asking Sleeper a lot of questions if and when I make it down to a MISSL breakfast.

------------------
Steve
96 DGGM & 94 Caprice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts