Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a smokin deal on this ram air hood... the one that looks like it belongs on a transam, ya know like it has nostrils... so anyways, I would like to make mine functional, and, since I (obviously) do not know the "proper" name for this hood, I want to know if the air box that didnt come with it is specific to that hood. I've been looking for awhile, all the ones I've found would have came with the (suncoast?) ram air hoods with the 2 rectangle cut outs... my cut outs would be sorta round... I got my eye on a k&M... any advice/info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
u need to change ur hood struts,use a camaro type, the one i used were for a 99, the stock struts could warp it, as for the mod ur looking for cant help, post a pic

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my hood is safely tucked away in the basement for now... i found a pic of an f body... its the right style... also found a pic of the hood i've found plenty of mods for making it functional...

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
I believe the name of that hood is a VFN Hood, don't know who makes it or the airbox. Hope this info helps with your search.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I believe the name of that hood is a VFN Hood, don't know who makes it or the airbox. Hope this info helps with your search.
Reach out to ImpalaSSdude, he has the hood and i believe it is functional. He just put in on about 3 months ago.

deffinately changes the hood struts like mentioned. I bought my 96 with a Suncoast Ram Air and the previous owner did not change the struts and warped the hood along the sides. it does not sit flush with the fenders. I will be getting it fixed when I get the paint and body work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
to wwwdotanthony92
everything i've read so far says for sure change the struts... the stock ones will warp your fiberglass hood... f body should work... late 90s camaro or whatever... prolly $12 or so apiece at yer local parts store...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts