Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've got a set in 2.5" dumped right after the muffler with Tri Y headers, X pipe and no cats and it sounds great. I love it, much better than the flowmasters and magnaflows I had on it. Little to no drone and has a great sound at WOT.

Can't go wrong IMO.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
X10 on that i have the catback also with CIA quad 1 long tubes, sounds really good when cruising on the highway little to no drone. But it will get down and loud when you want it to and it dosent' have that stupied rasp when you are WOT and you slow down. Plus it give you significant HP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a set in 2.5" dumped right after the muffler with Tri Y headers, X pipe and no cats and it sounds great. I love it, much better than the flowmasters and magnaflows I had on it. Little to no drone and has a great sound at WOT.

Can't go wrong IMO.
Is your setup on youtube? if not theres one very similar, the one that got me intrested in these muffs.

·
Registered
442 Posts
good sounding set up!

... plus i have a hooker cat-back with aeros f/s here cheap ;)

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I love my hookers:D

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Got mine in today. YAY!

Opened the boxes. 2.25 in and out.

Sometimes all I can say is Jegs can kiss my ass.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Even more interesting. Jegs replied to my email today and admitted that not only did they indeed screw up the listing BUT when he asked if Hooker could drop ship me a pair in the right size was told Hooker is discontinuing the series. I'm not certain what that means yet but is it the end of the Aero Chamber? Or are they just changing it? I hope to know more later.

In the meantime I'm left with muffs that don't fit (A singular problem, that...nevermind) with no replacement in sight. I'm kicking around going to the exhaust shop and having them cut back, up that boss that decreases size from the exit on the body to the final pipe diameter, and having three inch welded on. But chopping on brand new, expensive mufflers...ugh.

I'd forget the 3" entirely but I have a Pypes X and my collectors coming in 3", too... Damn.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Even more interesting. Jegs replied to my email today and admitted that not only did they indeed screw up the listing BUT when he asked if Hooker could drop ship me a pair in the right size was told Hooker is discontinuing the series. [\quote]
cwm6man this sucks as i was planning on getting the 2 1/2 aerochamber catback from summit when funds permit guess i better start saving so i can can get my hands on it before there gone

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
It's semi-official: Based on what Jegs says, Hooker is discontinuing the entire Aero Chamber line. He said he didn't get in depth with it since they didn't have what we needed but the impression he came away with was the Aero is done and what is out there is all there will be.

I'm grabbing what I can get that's close to what I wanted and calling myself lucky.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
Have you tried Summit to see what they have to say, or if they have any around?

As far as how they sound... They are loud. They have a chambered muffler sound to them, that's for sure. But they sound loads better then those damn Flowmaster 40's on my 94 9C1, or my 95 9C1. They are a very deep, raspy, throaty muffler. I rather like them. They boomed deeply when I had them on my 96 9C1. I can't decide which I like better, over the Spintech Prostreets on both my Roadmasters. It's hard for me to gauge right now, which I liked better. They are different setups. The Caprice is cammed, and has no cross over. Both of which have big effects on how it sounds. I hope in the next few months, I will have a back to back comparision of them on Buffmans old car. I will have to decide then, which one I like better on that cammed engine.

One day, I drove by our road at WOT. Later when I came home, my dad asked if I heard that go by a few minutes ago. He said it sounded like a car went by with open headers, and that it sounded really good. He also mentioned that who ever it was, better be careful, since it was so loud, the local PD would be all over it. "Oh yea dad... that was me in that Caprice." :D Dad: "Wow that thing sounds good..." He also really likes the way the Roadmasters sound.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Have you tried Summit to see what they have to say, or if they have any around?
The fellow at Jegs said he checked around some to see if anyone else had the right part # and found nothing. He seemed surprised by the whole thing. Was apparently the first he'd heard about any of it.

If this incorrect pair was(were?) not 2.25 in and out I'd keep them and just pay for the replacements(he has center/center which I'll make work). But that's too small to stick on the truck or the Eldo or even the 64. They'd work on the Seville but...the Seville? An 85 Seville with Aeros? No. :D

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
From semi-confirmed to confirmed. Talked to the Jegs guy on the phone just now and the Aero Chamber is a thing of the past. He called Hooker again about another order and apparently they were not a big seller and the decision was made to pull the plug. So grab what you can while you can. Someone might even want to make a thread with a "Discontinued" title so more people know...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sold the Borla cat back...and got Hookers. Best move I have ever made. Love the sound.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.