Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an cheap, but effective way to repair these headers there burning a hole in hoses and just recently my home plate. (I’m broke) or else I’d just replace them and not to mention I like them just tired of them burning holes in my ****.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Ran Hooker's for years ,and never burnt anything. Mine were coated as all headers should be in my opinion. Paying attention to clearances ,adding protective material ,and reducing other source of engine compartment heat.

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
Put some header wrap on the areas they get close to anything. I have all the top parts for an LT1 for sale fairly cheap. Where are you for shipping?

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,159 Posts
I had Hooker headers on my B4U, and they did melt my dipstick. But, it was because the headers were not properly wrapped/coated by the previous owner.

If you are on a budget, I would recommend this: Amazon.com

Wear gloves and long sleeves, because this stuff will make you itch (like insulation in a house). Watch a couple of youtube videos on how to apply header wrap, and you should be able to DIY.

Reactions: 2pacSS

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
It is fiberglass, and therefore will make you itch. The wrap with "volcano rock" will make get black stuff on everything. Long welding gloves will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts