Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the proper way to wire a second battery to my audio system in the trunk? can anyone give me a draw up, i want to learn from the pros so i wont fry anything...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by just having 2 batterys and fusing them, will this cause to much power going to the car or whatever?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The best way is the solinoid setup they have posted.
The two just fused together has smoe significant drawbacks. One battery that is not quite up to snuff will present a load to the other battery, and in time you will have two dead batteries.
Use the solinoid setup.
What problem are you trying to solve with the use of two batteries?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yo man, Here's my power set up

250 alt. - Yellow top optima - 200a fuse - isolator - Yellow top Optima - both amps

1st batt: Power from alt to battery and then of course it is grounded.

Power wire is run to the fuse to the rear battery. two power wires are run from that battery to the amps, one to each amp. That battery is grounded to the car

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Voltage drop across the isolater may be more of a problem than whatever it is you are trying to solve.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when i bang my sounds with my lights and heat on the batt. meter drops right before the 8

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about cutting that damn music down?! How about keeping your hearing?! All that BOOM DITTY BOOM!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I doubt a second battery is going to help that much then.
You would be better off doing upgrades to the charging system, and maybe cables.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a. Don't get an isolator. Wish I didn't have it, no reason for it but my installer insisted so I was like, whatever

b. Upgrade your wiring system. Think of it as a water pipe. The bigger the pipe, the more water flow: Same thing for electricity

C. A second battery is going to be a temporary fix. If you are sucking more power than you are producing, eventually you are going to drain the batteries and you are going to get flickering. If you are running heat/A/C, lights, windows, anything WITH your stereo, it is a drain. You need to recharge it back up

D. As for the alternator? I had my installer get with one of his boyz and hook me up. That sumbitch was EXPENSIVE!!!! But it gets the job done. I get zero light dimmage, zero loss in play and all my s**t stays playing strong

Oh and as a side note, if your system is not getting full power, your stereo is not playing to full capacity. Just a side note

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have 2 gauge wire for my amps, a punch1100,a 4 channel pioneer, and a rockford crossover.do you think thats o.k. and will a second battery help them?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again second battery will help but may only be a temporary fix. You can never have too much power. I would try the 2nd battery (make sure the batteries are identical or one will drain the other) and if that doesn't work, then go to the alternator

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
An alternator with greater output is the solution, not a 2nd battery.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where can a purchase a altenator like that? and how much would it cost?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts