Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there I was on a cold Kansas evening. I had taken the Caprice for a few extra miles on the way home to attempt to “warm up” the amp and have some tunes. I cannot blame Google or the guy I talked with @ church about car audio problems, this was my mess. Here is what I had done:
I researched the high pitched squealing sound that came from my speakers. The consensus was it is the amp or a bad ground. I tightened all the grounds I could, still no change. I researched some more and found that at least one person claimed that their screeching stopped after a 15min warm up. The guy at church said he had a similar problem when someone had removed the CD changer in the trunk. He then said when he put one back in the problem was cured.
So here is where the stupidity kicks in: I drive the back roads home with the absolutely most ear piercing screech scrambling my brain and nerves. I cannot take it any more so I pull over, leaving the car running of course, and go to the trunk to look at the two stray wires that have been unpluged from something that was previously in the trunk. Well I get the bright Idea that this may be the ground for some of the audio system; therefore I am going to ground it out and see if it stops the squealing. The wires are black and black with white stripe so I ground out the black and heard the electric locks go clunk. I said “Oh Boy!” or something similar and started thinking… did I leave my cell phone in my coat on the front seat? I think I have just locked my running car with my cell phone and coat on a untraveled road .
I was lucky , it did not lock the doors, but it saved you all a thread asking what that plug hanging loose in my trunk is, and hopefully through my stupidity you can find a little humor.

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
Is that the plug for reprograming the remote? Or the remote box? :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep it must be for the remote box, cause it sure did try to lock me out. I guess it could be to reprogramm because I have an unknown box up beside the left trunk hinge that could be the actual "remote box"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts