Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The horn buttons in my steering wheel have failed. I've had the fuse pulled for a few months now, but I haven't had any luck finding a cheap air bag on ebay. I did find a couple in local yards, but they want $250, just not worth it. I need my horn function back. Any reason I couldn't just take a parts store button and splice it into the stock wiring? I know it won't look right, but I can't justify $250 dollars to fix the horn.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I had a switch fail on my 95. There was a switch in each half of the airbag (not sure if the 94's are the same). I pulled the wire to the bad switch so I had half of the area to honk the horn until I found the right airbag. If your interior is the dark red color, there was a variation over the years.
Fred Kiehl has a couple airbags for sale in parts for sale section. If that doesn't work put a wanted ad in the part for sale section.
Have you tried U-Pick yards? I found other mid-nineties Buicks with the same airbag. Some of the Rivieras had steering wheel controls for a radio that looked just the like Roady, in case you wanted to try an upgrade.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a switch fail on my 95. There was a switch in each half of the airbag (not sure if the 94's are the same). I pulled the wire to the bad switch so I had half of the area to honk the horn until I found the right airbag. If your interior is the dark red color, there was a variation over the years.
Fred Kiehl has a couple airbags for sale in parts for sale section. If that doesn't work put a wanted ad in the part for sale section.
Have you tried U-Pick yards? I found other mid-nineties Buicks with the same airbag. Some of the Rivieras had steering wheel controls for a radio that looked just the like Roady, in case you wanted to try an upgrade.
Good to know on the other models. Ill give that a shot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts