Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everyone,

Since the national event never took off there has been a lot of sentiment to hold HossFest this year. As a result, HOSS is about to finalize an overall program that will be held regardless of the amount of registrations. Due to the limited amount of time to organize this year HossFest will include a very basic program to minimize participant cost and reduce the amount of manpower to run the event. Below is a brief outline of the program we are about to finalize and with any luck online registration will be up in the next week or so at the HOSS website (www.hosschevrolet.com):

Friday September, 24th

¼ Mile Drag Racing in Crandall, Tx – We will run with other car clubs during the track’s scheduled test and tune night. For those of you that attended last year’s event I promise this will not take more than a few hours to complete all racing! Participants will pay the track as they arrive ($25.00) and HOSS will give out 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies for bracket racing only.

Saturday September, 25th

Car show at host hotel parking lot (probably DFW Airport Marriott) and cruise to Joe T’s or another restaurant for dinner that can handle the size of our group. We would lump all the year models of B-Bodies together and just have trophies awarded for the amount of modifications (Stock, Street, Modified).

Sunday September, 26th

Autocross at Mineral Wells Airport. This event is actually being hosted by a local BMW club and B-Body participants would register on their own ($35.00) and HOSS will give out 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies based on best lap time.

We plan on charging $40 for registration just to cover overall expenses and there will not be any t-shirts made for the event. I am reaching out to you now just to let you know that there will be a HossFest for 2010 and to give you enough time to plan your trip to Dallas. Let me know if you have any questions on the overall program and I will be back in touch when all the details are finalized including specific registration information.

Best Regards,

David Schmitz
HOSS President

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
oh me me I am going to come toooooooooooooo

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Host Hotel Information

Everyone,

The host hotel is now confirmed and is as follows:

DFW Airport Marriott South Hotel
4151 Centreport Boulevard
Ft. Worth, Texas 76155
817-358-1700

The nightly rate will be $89.00 and is valid until September 10th when their normal rate of $220.00 will apply. For those of you that have attended past ImpalaFest programs this is the same hotel that is just south of the DFW Airport on highway 360. This is not the same Marriott as last year, so do not go to the Texas Motor Speedway! To get the special rate just mention you are attending HossFest upon registration.

I just signed the contract with the hotel, so it might take until tomorrow afternoon for reservations to recognize our special group rate. If anyone has any difficulties let me know, but book your plans and get ready for some Texas fun!

Best Regards,

David Schmitz
HOSS President

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I am in. I might even have some audio so that I will not have to sing to myself on the way up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Registration is Open!!!

Everyone,

Online registration for HossFest 2010 is now open and can be found on the Hoss website (www.hosschevrolet.com). This year's event will be a lot of fun and I hope to see you all in Texas again this year!

Best Regards,

David Schmitz
Hoss President

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Twelve Already Registered

Everyone,

There are already 12 people registered. That is a great start keep them coming!! I will post participants on the Hoss website after the weekend.

Best Regards,

David Schmitz
HOSS President

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fourteen Registered

Everyone,

There are now 14 participants registered and the Hoss website will have an updated list shortly. Keep them coming it is going to be a great event!

Best Regards,

David Schmitz
HOSS President

·
Registered
621 Posts
We are in

We will be there. No Impala, but bringing the Chevy Silverado. Registration being mailed this week and hotel room is already booked. See y'all there

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
20 Registered Opening Week!!!

Everyone,

In one week of open registration we already have 20 paid participants. This is a great start and this event is always a lot of fun. So if you have not already made the committment what are you waiting for? You know you want to come!

Best Regards,

David Schmitz
Hoss President

1 - 20 of 78 Posts