Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a project that has B-body frame clips. I installed the Hotchkis Impala SS springs, but it's REALLY low in the front. I had a set of SS springs, but sold them to a local member. Now I'm thinking I need something more along the lines of the Global West springs (closer to stock SS height). Then, I need to source a set of rear springs that will work. From reading here, the cargo coils seem to be a good choice (CC627 if I trim the Global West springs a bit).

I like the Hotchkis springs over the HD springs I had prior. My current dilemma...

Option 1) Add a 3/8 aluminum spacer under the Hotchkis springs to raise the front ~.5". I can't imagine installing this spacer is an easy task based on my limited experience swapping the HD coils out.
Option 2) Jumping directly to the Global West and then trimming if needed to get the desired height.
Option 3) Just get a set of Aldan coilovers and tune as needed. Not the preferred choice due to price, but it might be easier with my project.

In both cases, I will have a rear spring issue to address after install. I'm currently running a Moog 5245 in back.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Your option 1) would be no more difficult than your option 2.) but both have big negatives. Instead...
Match F+R springs instead with any OEM or aftermarket set of 4 springs for any B-body. WHY?
Thank... ZO9B4U

More explanation can be had here complete with objections. It's a free IQ test.
What rear springs should I get?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts