Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hotchkis has thier Impala SS springs on sale for $253.75. I had Summit Racing match the price, they also charge less for shipping. Came to $263 ish shipped. Can not wait to install.

Body mount mod. and "f" body sway bar is next.... when budget frees up again.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or you can get Vogtland's for $70 cheaper... They MAKE the springs for Hotchkis, just paint them a different color. I can't remember the exact price, but I think I paid $180 for the set.

Goes the show the markup on these things.

Also, $253 is not much of a sale price... I had some on order for $220 SHIPPED to the door earlier in the year.... After waiting 1 0 3 days I cancelled the order and had a set of Vogtlands on my door in 3 days..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looked at Vogtlands. I could not confirm that they are the same spring. With shipping they were about $30 less than the Hotchkis. I like all the cars I have seen and the write ups on the Hotchkis.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Spartus:
Or you can get Vogtland's for $70 cheaper... They MAKE the springs for Hotchkis, just paint them a different color. I can't remember the exact price, but I think I paid $180 for the set.

Goes the show the markup on these things.

Also, $253 is not much of a sale price... I had some on order for $220 SHIPPED to the door earlier in the year.... After waiting 1 0 3 days I cancelled the order and had a set of Vogtlands on my door in 3 days..
Spartus,

After talking with Hotchkis I agree they have their springs made by Vogtland, but they have them made to Hotchkis specifiactions. They are not the same springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hotchkis
Front - 500-630 lbs/in
Rear - 180-240 lbs/in

Vogtland
Front 500-628 lbs/in..
Rear 180-222 lbs/in.

Looks like I've been wrong.. I had this info sitting on my desptop on the computer... Maybe I shoulda looked at it.
The rears are a teeeeeeny weeeeeny itsy bitsy stiffer by 18lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.