Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Im swapping my Hotchkis springs off of my wrecked 96 DCM to my new 96 DGGM and I know how to index properly but was curious if it matters if the the tighter spring coils go up or down? I think last time I put them in so that you could that the printed Hotchkis and the part# was able to be read and not upside down?

Also is it alright to just stick with the stock front and rear bumpstops or should I at least trim either the fronts or rear or both?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for the quick response Mike!

And I recall those ZQ8s being popular its just with my other car it came with bumpstops but perhaps I will get some ZQ8s...if i remember right I would need to trim to fit a bit with my hotchkis springs correct?

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
If I am not mistaken that is correct, I personally don't have them on my car with Hotchkis, I just know it is a popular item to use, I will do it eventually, but I am just running the factory units or the units that came with the springs I should say

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Also the car already had a FE3 f-body front sway bar and Herb Adams rear sway bar with metco LCAs...
on my wrecked car I had UMI LCAs, and Spohn front and rear Anti-sway bars...so I think I'm gonna just sell my UMI LCAs since the new car has nice LCAs and that HA sway bar I believe is the same 1.5" diameter as my Spohn...my question here is:
since I'm lowering this car should I at least swap my Spohn front sway bar on there as I've read something about that FE3 sway bar not being good with lowered B-bodies? I' guessing it stresses the hole in the lower control arm?

And if I should put my Spohn front bar on will I need to get new end-links as I've yet to take a look at the F-body bar on it if it uses specific end-links just for f-bodies or what

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.