Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am painting the undercarriage on my ss and noticed on my hotchkis upper drivers side control arm the nut that attach,s the arm to the frame was only held on by a few threads.the control arms only had 1,500 miles on them when i took the car off the road to paint.has anyone noticed this on there control arms.is this someting i have to check constantly.i have the extended control arms if that matters.
paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive got well over 30k miles on my standard length Hotchkis control arms, and no problems, BUT Kevin Elliott does all the service, and he loves this car so much, he polishes the sway bars, and all the nice chrome and painted stuff under the car....So it gets a lot of love and miles!!! In fact, hes looking for a RoadMaster Sedan to replace his Camaro. I told you these things are addictive.

Try Loctite!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what my brother my mechanic said loctite.i had a friend who is a mechanic help thanks for the help.
paul.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.