Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys. Has anyone here got hotckis spring to lower there car, because it was to lower 1.2 in the front, but it lowerd alot more. are these spring known to do that

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had the fronts on my wagon for several months. It lowered the wagon 1.75" below Impala SS front springs. I switched because I needed just a bit more clearance for my tires on the wagon.

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I swear, my Cadillac is like 3" lower now! But the friggin' rear didn't drop much.

At first I thought it was because the springs weren't designed for Fleetwoods. It was designed for an Impala, hence the increaed weight squashed them more. But I see Impalers having the same issue. :(

I guess it's time to call Jason and get his airride kit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think my springs dropped a little over the 2" mark, but I've never hit anything under the car and I have a deep transmission pan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much did those springs drop the rear, it sounds like i would get a hell of a drop commpared to my 9c1 springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before...

After

It is quite a drop for a 9c1, but it looks fantastic. I am very pleased with the Hotchkis Springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so with the hotchkis springs do you have to worry about the rear end droping a lot with people in the back. is city driving harder with these?

also i was just wondering if traction changes a lot with these compared to the 9c1 springs? what shocks are most of you using?

thanks for any help im looking for some springs to go with my front end rebuild.

one more question that i was wondering about is wider tires with these or any other springs. do you have to worry about rubbing in the front or rear? how wide have some of you gone with these?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The nice thing about the Hotchkis springs is that they give you some hauling capability without sagging in the back. I also run 285/40/17 tires on a 9.5" wide rim in front and back. There are no issues with rubbing in the back. The front hits the sway bar when turning sharp in a parking lot, but it did that in stock form too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So for everybody who has sagging front springs... doesnt Hotckis offer a lifetime warranty on them? Swap em out!... yeah I know, pain in the azzz

UCB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Fleetwood SS:
I swear, my Cadillac is like 3" lower now! But the friggin' rear didn't drop much.
Hey Dan, did you disconnect the rear auto level suspension? If not, the car is adjusting for the drop and trying to bring it back to stock height. If you already took care of that though, then I have no idea what's up...

Here's a pic of Jeff's car on stock rims with the Hotchkis springs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.