Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
More Or Less Meh

The only thing driving my post is it's the absolute first time ever seeing a Caprice with opera roof, or whatever it's called.

Absolutely objectionable, notably even ooglier the ones on a Grand Marquis.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The only thing driving my post is it's the absolute first time ever seeing a Caprice with opera roof, or whatever it's called.

Absolutely objectionable, notably even ooglier the ones on a Grand Marquis.

The LS Brougham 1/4 top is what you're referencing? Those are stock, and pretty desirable at the moment.

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
Check. I had that on an '80 Riv and it was at least tolerable for its era. Parents had an '82 Grand Marquis with one and it was downright unsightly. As mentioned, while seeing plenty of Caprices with full vinyl I had been blessed not to see the 1/4 on one til now. All the makers were doing silly stuff in the '70's dressing up their cheap brands to mimic the Brougham look. B-pillar lamps and such. It reminded me even then the designers were just attempting things the same as trying to dress up a shepherd to look like a poodle.

I agree the weighted floaters could be designed to look quite nice. Like maybe a nice tame 7-spoke over body-colored base. Sorry but that size belongs on a F-450 or 550 dumptruck though. I mean really.

EDIT: I just saw you have the same spoke design on your boxy about what I'm envisioning. lol And you favor the big look too. vive le differanse

·
Registered
115 Posts
Check. I had that on an '80 Riv and it was at least tolerable for its era. Parents had an '82 Grand Marquis with one and it was downright unsightly. As mentioned, while seeing plenty of Caprices with full vinyl I had been blessed not to see the 1/4 on one til now. All the makers were doing silly stuff in the '70's dressing up their cheap brands to mimic the Brougham look. B-pillar lamps and such. It reminded me even then the designers were just attempting things the same as trying to dress up a shepherd to look like a poodle.

I agree the weighted floaters could be designed to look quite nice. Like maybe a nice tame 7-spoke over body-colored base. Sorry but that size belongs on a F-450 or 550 dumptruck though. I mean really.

EDIT: I just saw you have the same spoke design on your boxy about what I'm envisioning. lol And you favor the big look too. vive le differanse

I assume your a noob to the scene. These big cars look better on bigger wheels. 26s aren't even considered to be that big anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts