Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about picking up an exhaust system for my '94 Caprice wagon. I was looking at the Summit long-tube headers and Pypes Street Pro cat-back. I read in this thread that the cat-back's over the axle pipes would need to be modified to work with a wagon. How are the wagon pipes different and how do you modify an Impala/Caprice sedan cat-back to work? Is it just that the exhaust is longer or is there actually something different about the pipes as they pass over the axle?

· Registered
2,703 Posts
The OTA part is similar but then the routing rearward changes to account for the different body style - wider, different gas tank, resonators, hangers, shielding, etc. Sedan pipes in 2" or 2 1/2" have been modified to fit (it's work - lots of bends) but Walker and perhaps others make wagon pipes in 2". 2 1/2" are tight but available for wagons but pricey (CIA?).

· Registered
770 Posts
I had an exhaust shop build me some 2.5 tail pipes when they were installing the rest of the exhaust. It was around 150 or so

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.