Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

How are you hitting?

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  RuffrydnSS 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to figure out a good way to apply the juice in the wifes Imp. Right now I have it plumbed right before the TB. I've only found one company that makes a plate. We have the stock elbow with the top blocked.
The last run with a decent hit ran 7.79. I know it has a 7.4, at least. This is coming on about 3 ft out of the hole.

#2 ·
what torque converter and gear do you have?

When I was spraying I would hit it right off the line, that's how I got the best ET's.

I had a window swich and started with the minimum RPM @ 3200 and lowered it bit by bit... the 60' was getting better every time.

I eventually removed the minimum RPM setting because it was just slowing me down. I know that it's not good to spray at low RPM but with the torque converter I had it would stall at 3500 rpm on nitrous. Since it was impossible to be under that RPM under load I felt pretty safe about removing the minimum RPM on the window switch. I'd never do that on a standard transmission car though...

FWIW I have a single fogger wet system with the nozzle about 6" in front of the TB, spraying from 100 to 150 hp.

#13 ·
When I was spraying I would hit it right off the line, that's how I got the best ET's.

I had a window swich and started with the minimum RPM @ 3200 and lowered it bit by bit... the 60' was getting better every time.

I eventually removed the minimum RPM setting because it was just slowing me down. I know that it's not good to spray at low RPM but with the torque converter I had it would stall at 3500 rpm on nitrous. Since it was impossible to be under that RPM under load I felt pretty safe about removing the minimum RPM on the window switch. I'd never do that on a standard transmission car though...
+1 agreed

I'm liking the triggered delay for activation over the minimum window these days.

Works well with a good stall, gears and and an already snappy motor.
The window is too slow and doenst take account for the natural lag delta between the reponse of a quick motor and the latency of the relay / noids / line / nozzle / intake tract distance : combo :

#3 ·
I have a SSRI CAI and my nozzle is just an inch or two in front of the throttle body. Any lower than 3600 and I break loose on a 100 or 150 shot with drag radials. I switched to slicks (probably went too wide 26.1x11.5) and it slowed me down. I lowered the RPM switch down to 3000 and no spin, but never got any 60' times under 1.7.

#4 ·
FWIW When I made the switch from 3.73's and 26x10.5 drag slicks to 4.10's and 28x9 slicks I had more traction off the line.

Got into the 1.5x with the 28x9, limited by power not traction.

What gear do you have?

#5 ·
I have 3.73 gears and have also got 1.5 60' on drag radials. My motor has just about every bolt-on with 156k miles on it.

#6 ·
She has 3.73s on MT dr's. I have the window switch set at 2900 and she has a billet 3000 stall. She flashes the stall and it hits hard off the line and no spin. But I can tell that it's not getting a good shot in the intake. I'm thinking the TB is breaking it up too much. Other than going direct port, I'm trying to find out how others are plumbing it in. Guess I might have to look into the plate. I think it's nitrous works that makes it.

Plus I have to relocate the solenoids from the rear were they were hidden to up front or side and run shorter lines.

#7 ·
how big of a shot are you spraying?

I had no problems with a 150hp shot with the fogger in front of the TB... all 8 plugs were always the same color.

#8 ·
150. I have a shark nozzle I can use. I just need the proper jets for it. This compucar nozzle isn't the most technological looking thing.

#9 ·
Got a bottle heater? What's the bottle pressure? What kind of 60' are you getting? I am using a shark nozzle, my solenoids are on a bracket under my master cylinder with 3' lines. One trick I found out on mistake is if I turn the bottle off and slightly purge the line it hits harder and lowers my 60' about .05.

#10 ·
The setup is complete. It came off my camaro so it has heater with pressure switch. keeps it between 950-1100, FPSS, purge, window switch, etc.

My plan is to get a new aluminum elbow and tap the nozzle on the outside about 4" from the TB.

#11 · (Edited)
I drilled and tapped the back side of the mass air for my fogger. Car runs on speed density but mass air is still in line for the fogger. I spray 150 off the line stalling at around 2k. By the way I have a Nitrous Outlet plate with jets up to 200 hp never installed if interested.

#12 ·
Sure, PM me a price and we'll talk. But come next year, I foresee an AI system coming. From the #'s you guys are running...I"M LIKING THEM ALOT!!!

I missed the LTx shoot out at Beech Bend due to the kids having a MX race that weekend. I'm only 45 min away.

#16 ·
in justification of my stance on now lower window w/ high stall

I prefer high dollar professionally installed dry shot system
w/ all the bells and wistles
feeding fuel from large injectors at the runner
there is only oxidizer and no fuel in the intake charge
its hard to get an explosion in the top end or pre throttle
if there is no fuel for the fire

as far as twisting rods, bending wristpins and snapping ringlands
with a low RPM shot that is a real possibility
so trigger a baby 1st stage on at .2-.3 seconds after WOT
and the additonal 2nd stage on top of it right after the 2nd gear shift.

just my $.02

#17 ·
Back from the bottom

RESURECTING THREAD

Plate - Direct - MAF Kits - are out there,

Nitrous Express has all three previous styles listed

Nitrous Outlet (Nitro Dave) has a plate set up,

NOS has/had a TB with a dry port nozzle buillt in.

Nitrous Works has a plate,

As for activation there are also some pretty good set ups out there as well

#18 ·
well i have sbc plate setup but i might as well chime in also

Running the Zex Plate kit wet kit(210) shot "upgrading to big shot kit"

I have my nitrous wired through my trans brake on a full throttle switch. Trans brake engaged....hit gas pedal...let go and hold on...pretty simple setup. Running a stand alone.

Going to a completely different setup for this year w/ higher compression/dif cam/e85/taller wider tire/ and alot more nitrous...but will still be hit button...hold gas...let go...and hope not to explode haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.