Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bad will car run w/ out being flashed for 373's. Car is already flashed w/ a couple of mods in motor and trans.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Mine drives fine. The mph gauge is off , And I think the shift points seem a little to high.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, thats what every1 is sayn:(

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
ya i am being a smart ass because he posted the same thing we posted :D

BUT WAIT...

mph/shifts

·
Registered
892 Posts
There is however no possibility of damage, so you are perfectly safe, according to Brian H. (PCMForLess) I ran like that for a while but cannot remember how it shifted.

Best to tune it for the gears and also for the tires and don't forget to tune for mid grade Octane if it so requires. I ran 93 Oct with 3.73 and it's a sweet mod.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
I put 4.10's in my Caprice, and it was just fine. The speedo reading was way off... which tended to get me in trouble, since I would under estimate how fast I was actually going. :eek: I didn't have any WOT shift issues, but the PCM was already tuned by Herter for the bigger cam, ect.

There have been a few guys who bounced off the rev limiter with a stock tune, and 3.73's / 4.10's.

Personally, I feel you have better tuner choices than Herter. But that's just me. No, I'm not attempted to open a debate, or drag his name through the mud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts