Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off the dash face on my Impala to do some work and quiet down the squeaks. I reinstalled the damn thing and I have a small 1/16 inch gap around the trip/ metric button and around the bottom of the radio I did not have before. I took the dash face on and off a bunch of times and still, No go. What can be wrong? The Ash tray also slides out REALLY easy( I know its a coomon problem) The ash tray was Tight before hand.

Also.. GM aparently had trouble as well. They installed a factory looking screw through the Dash face to the dash support under the Black gauge cluster bezel. Weird. You can tell it was just drilled in there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did you install it with the ash tray assembly removed? If not, do that. It may be hanging up on the mechanism.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
+2^ ..and I noticed that screw also, seemed out of place.

Make sure the front dash is catching in all slots and I assume you re-ran your sentinel sensor back to the dash grill opening and it's not hung up.

It usually takes me a couple attempts to get everything in tight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yupp.. All fixed now, Something wasnt on right. I dont know what, but it sits flush now! And the ash tray is tight again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.