Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the left front spindle on my 93 LTZ is needing to be replaced so instead of buying factory replacements i will go ahaed and put 2" drop spindles from belltech on it. they are expensive but top notch from what i hear. my question is what should i do to lower the rear a couple inches? can i just get new rear drop shocks? any help would be great

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You need springs to drop the rears. You can find a lot of info on spindles and why the majority do not use them for lowering, if you try a search. You could probably find a good, used spindle pretty cheap around here, and just buy all 4 drop springs. You may also want to look into shocks. Steer clear of Bell-tech shocks.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a set of drop coils will do the job nicely, they are avail in 1-4" drop depending if you have a caprice or impala. most of them advertise their drops for an impala so be-careful which ones you order and keep in mind an impala is already 2" lower than a caprice.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For this case, it SHOULD be OK as long as he keeps the LTZ springs up front and runs stock-width front tires.

Be aware that the 2" drop is gonna end up closer to 3" in reality (Belltech is a bit "off" on their real-world drops). Adjust your rear spring choice (one that should be close is either stock SS rear springs or Moog CC627s) appropriately.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have drop spindles on the front of my imp and intraxx springs in the rear. Looks really nice and low but your front springs will be taller than mine. Wait till you get the spindles done and then see how much lower you want it according to your ride height. Mine tucks the tire in the front with my stock springs

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is wrong with belltech nitro drop shocks

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is wrong with belltech nitro drop shocks
They are junk.

Not to mention, for the ride height you are looking at a set of standard height shocks (i.e. Bilsteins) will work fine.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell, sometimes brutal honesty is the most direct route :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the help guys the spindles will be put on tomorrow then ill see what i want for the rear if anything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts