Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was guess I could get some MDF cut it out and cover it with material but I dont understand how to cut it (meaning what shape) do any of you guys have pics of yours?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the whole thing made of fiberglass or just the part that comes out. By the way thats a hot a** trunk

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How heavy is that? I realize fiberglass is lightweight, but there has to be a wood structure in the oval correct? You also have a fiberoptic? How heavy is the Impala emblem, what's it made from? Will the trunk stay open itself with the weight? I know alot of questions...

But it is fairly Kick Arse!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea the center oval and the impala is made out of MDF the rest is glass.The thing is heavy but thats alright cause i got some actuators opening and closing it.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so does anybody have a picture of the shape of the trunk lid I wanna try to do this tomarro

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used MDF. VERY Heavy. Need to reinforce the trunk metal that holds it up. I also have it with two actuators to open and close the trunk. I love it. Looks really trick and it hold all my amps and caps. Can't find any other pictures of it sorry.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to just make a trunk panel to cover the inside of the trunk lid since it'll clean the trunk up a bit being that i have sound deadener on it. What i'm doing is using foamboard from wal-mart, i'm using two pieces of 20" x 24" foamboard to total 20" x 48" ($6 total)along with Landau top and trim glue(can also use DAPP or TACC glue, all sprayed out of a gun via an air compressor). I'll be using the glue to add 1/2" batting(padding) to the board and then marine vinyl on top of that ($9). Since i already have the glue, the total cost with some nice chrome screws to hold it on will be about $20.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cash please post pics if you do it that way. but what if water gets in your trunk wont it mess up the foam?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ima hustler:
Cash please post pics if you do it that way. but what if water gets in your trunk wont it mess up the foam?
It's like a foamboard so i assume water would damage it but it will be wrapped all around in vinyl and attached to the lid of the trunk so it would be the last item in my trunk i'd be worried about getting wet. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts